The All Transactions table is where any transactions can be added, edited or deleted (hidden).
The tool bar across the top of the table contains the following items:
- Select Current View Allows you to change the View that is currently in use by the table.
- Toggle View Editor Panel Shows/hides the View Editor Panel that allows you to edit the current View or create/delete a View
- Create New View Creates a new view based on the currently selected view
- Search Shows/hides the table’s Search Panel that allows you to search for key words (or amounts) in the current table.
- Create Transaction – create a new empty transaction
- Copy Transaction – makes a copy of the currently selected transaction(s)
- Create Transaction using Template - lets you pick a predefined Template Transaction from the drop-down menu to auto-insert commonly occurring transactions
- Delete Transaction – hides the currently selected transaction(s) from view (use the default filter drop-down menu option from the Filter Selector to show all deleted transactions again – where you can also un-delete them if you wish)
- Show/Hide Chart – displays and hides the chart for the currently selected view
- Print – opens the Document Designer so you can select or design a suitable template for printing the current table of filtered transactions
- Export as CSV File - opens a filer window so you can export the current table in a format suitable for loading into a spreadsheet (i.e. Comma Separated Values)
This component has the following columns visible by default:
- Multiple Select - enables the user to select (and therefore copy/delete) multiple transactions
- Date – the date the transaction occured
- Description – any descriptive text
- Payee – Choose the payee involved with this transaction
- Total Amount – the full total of the transaction
- From Account – where the money came from (a sales account for a sale, a payment account for a purchase or, say, a bank for a transfer)
- To Account – where the money went to (the bank if a sale, some expense account if a purchase or some other monetary account if a transfer, eg. VAT Control if you are paying your VAT Return)
- Reference – a reference value for the current transaction/entry
- Cleared (From) – represents the ‘from’ side of the transaction as being cleared or not
- Cleared (To) – represents the ‘to’ side of the transaction as being cleared or not
- Currency Amount – the equivalent amount to Total Amount in the chosen foreign currency (as defined in the Currency Code column)
- Currency Code – the 3 character currency code of the chosen foreign currency
- Currency Rate – the exchange rate to use when converting between the native and chosen foreign currency (as defined in the Currency Code column)
- Date Created – the actual creation date of this transaction (it may be different from the Tax Date or Paid Date)
- Deleted – signifies if this transaction has been deleted or not. By default you only see non-deleted transactions but you can modify the Current Filter to show deleted transactions as well.
- Error Code – if the transaction is in error (has a red background) this column displays a description of the error.
- Import ID - If the transaction has been imported, this details the source document and time/date of import
- Lock - tick this column to lock an individual transaction
- Notes - a place to record any additional notes about this transaction
- Paid Date – the date on which this transaction was paid
- Payment Completed - Checking this column marks a transaction as ‘paid’ in the Statement table, and removes it
- Quantity - used when a transaction line comprises of multiples of the same item. Use in conjunction with the Unit Price and Unit Price Less VAT fields)
- Transaction Number – an auto-generated number starting from 1 given to each transaction that should be written on to the source document that the transaction came from to aid later identification